Today was my 2nd BioSig, 2 weeks on from my 1st BioSig Experience. I think I was even more nervous this time than the last one, probably because I wasn’t sure how I was going to explain myself to you in cyberland if it had all gone pear shaped…. Literally.
So let’s start with what I changed from my 1st meeting with Nayte from Function Well
– I changed NOTHING nutritionally with my food
– I started taking the Poliquin fish oil liquid
– I started taking carnitine at the recommended dose Nayte suggested
– I kept taking my multivitamin
– I kept taking my probiotic
– I occasionally took some magnesium before bed if I was feeling stressed or sore
– I stopped cooking in plastic, I changed my face wash, body wash, moisturizers to brands that contained no parabens, sodium laurel sulfate, or artificial fragrances
– I changed the muscle groups trained on my weights days to allow more rest
– I did less metabolic/high intensity interval sessions
So, what happened??…. First stop, the dreaded scales. I don’t get on these things for 5 years and now, twice in 2 weeks.
What did they say?? Well, I put on weight…. Gasp! I know right! WTF! NOT the result I was looking for! Before I could drop my bundle and start throwing all the toys out of my pram, Nayte made me cool my jets and wait for the rest of the results.
– My 2 ‘areas of interest’ were down! Woo hoo!
– ‘Love handle’ section down 1.7mm when pinched with the ‘fat pliers’
– ‘Upper thigh fat’ section down 1.1mm
– All other skin fold measurements down a bit or the same
– Overall body fat % has dropped from 14.1 to 13.4%
– Weight went from 59.9kg UP to 60.1kg only 200g, hopefully lean muscle gained, possibly I just needed a poo. Either way, no biggy seeing as body fat was down.
– My tricep reading stayed the same and it is still a bit high. Tricep relates to an androgen imbalance. Nayte has suggested a Zinc Supplement to help with this. The great thing about zinc is that it is cheap and an easy thing to try. Onwards with the zinc, adios fat tricep!
So, not as dire a situation as the scales would have me believe initially (see scales are EVIL I tell you!).
– Continue with my fish oil & carnitine
– Continue with my multivitamin & probiotic
– Start on the zinc capsules
– Maintain current weights program
– Maintain current metabolic program
– Maintain current food regime
– See Nayte again in 2 weeks to check progress
Thanks for following my journey so far, as much as it is mildly terrifying sharing these things sometimes, it keeps me honest and holds me accountable. This information is not useful as a comparison to anyone else, it helps me benchmark my body, it’s issues, and allows me to track my progress, or lack thereof. Knowledge is power and the more I can understand and learn about my body, the better. Let’s see what the next 2 weeks brings….. No more bingo arms I am hoping!