Today was my 2nd BioSig, 2 weeks on from my 1st BioSig Experience. I think I was even more nervous this time than the last one, probably because I wasn’t sure how I was going to explain myself to you in cyberland if it had all gone pear shaped…. Literally.
So let’s start with what I changed from my 1st meeting with Nayte from Function Well
– I changed NOTHING nutritionally with my food
– I started taking the Poliquin fish oil liquid
– I started taking carnitine at the recommended dose Nayte suggested
– I kept taking my multivitamin
– I kept taking my probiotic
– I occasionally took some magnesium before bed if I was feeling stressed or sore
– I stopped cooking in plastic, I changed my face wash, body wash, moisturizers to brands that contained no parabens, sodium laurel sulfate, or artificial fragrances
– I changed the muscle groups trained on my weights days to allow more rest
– I did less metabolic/high intensity interval sessions
So, what happened??…. First stop, the dreaded scales. I don’t get on these things for 5 years and now, twice in 2 weeks.
What did they say?? Well, I put on weight…. Gasp! I know right! WTF! NOT the result I was looking for! Before I could drop my bundle and start throwing all the toys out of my pram, Nayte made me cool my jets and wait for the rest of the results.
– My 2 ‘areas of interest’ were down! Woo hoo!
– ‘Love handle’ section down 1.7mm when pinched with the ‘fat pliers’
– ‘Upper thigh fat’ section down 1.1mm
– All other skin fold measurements down a bit or the same
– Overall body fat % has dropped from 14.1 to 13.4%
– Weight went from 59.9kg UP to 60.1kg only 200g, hopefully lean muscle gained, possibly I just needed a poo. Either way, no biggy seeing as body fat was down.
– My tricep reading stayed the same and it is still a bit high. Tricep relates to an androgen imbalance. Nayte has suggested a Zinc Supplement to help with this. The great thing about zinc is that it is cheap and an easy thing to try. Onwards with the zinc, adios fat tricep!
So, not as dire a situation as the scales would have me believe initially (see scales are EVIL I tell you!).
– Continue with my fish oil & carnitine
– Continue with my multivitamin & probiotic
– Start on the zinc capsules
– Maintain current weights program
– Maintain current metabolic program
– Maintain current food regime
– See Nayte again in 2 weeks to check progress
Thanks for following my journey so far, as much as it is mildly terrifying sharing these things sometimes, it keeps me honest and holds me accountable. This information is not useful as a comparison to anyone else, it helps me benchmark my body, it’s issues, and allows me to track my progress, or lack thereof. Knowledge is power and the more I can understand and learn about my body, the better. Let’s see what the next 2 weeks brings….. No more bingo arms I am hoping!0
13.4%!? You are LEAN lady!! That is awesome!! Scales are evil….the tape measure and body fat testing is what matters! Keep up the great work!
Thank you Sarah. Funnily enough I do not look that lean (damn it! I wanted those ab’s to come out of hiding!) so I guess it just shows that 13.4% body fat can look completely different on different people. If I am brave enough after my next one, I might post some progress pics…. Thank you again so much for even reading this dribble!
Sounds like a positive first check up!! welldone 🙂 My introduction session got postponed until next week but they asked me to keep a food diary for them so they can see my habits!
Awww Becky that is disappointing! I am sure you are itching to know some info! I know I was. Thanks for reading this one and I am looking forward to hearing how your experience goes too.
Really interesting to follow your blog on this topic as I am doing the 8-week challenge (with oestrogen an issue for me) and looking to replace skincare, haircare and beauty products with paraben-free where ever possible. Would be interested to know of any well-priced finds that you came across 🙂
Thanks for checking out the blog Cara and good luck with your 8-week challenge. I have found a few things in this brand that I like so far but have also been making my own stuff where possible too. http://www.naturalalternative.com.au/Skin.asp
Thank you for sharing your story, my friend is currently doing the Bio Sig as well, I find it absolutely fascinating! She too is making fabulous progress. I look forward to your report from your next visit 🙂
Thank you for reading it Julie! It is such a fascinating process! Love learning about it all!