There’s just something about fruit in salad and I’m here for it. Pear, apple, grapefruit, strawberry, pineapple in a salsa, all good in my books. Fruit on a pizza however it just wrong. No. No pineapple on the pizza. Fruit has no place on a pizza and I will not be convinced otherwise, I do not understand who you savages are thinking that’s appropriate. It’s just not. Back to the salad though.
Fennel and Grapefruit Salad
- 1 fennel bulb finely sliced
- 2 small red grapefruit segmented and chopped into chunks (you can sub for oranges)
- 1 cup loosely packed mint leaves roughly torn
- 1 cup loosely packed Italian parsley leaves roughly chopped
- 2 tbs sesame oil
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1/3 cup Apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp raw honey
Pop all dressing ingredients into a jar and shake well to combine.
Add all salad ingredients into a large bowl and toss gently, pour over dressing and toss again gently before serving.