There has been much demand for this recipe after I popped a video of making this recipe with G on my IGTV . It’s a super easy one and can definitely be adapted to be nut-free if you need that option for school lunch boxes. There’s some extra jazz I added like collagen for it’s gut health benefits, protein content and all the skin, hair, nails goodness. You can also swap the cacao nibs for choc chips if you fancy as well. Enjoy!
PB Crispy Bars
- 2 cups puffed rice puffed buckwheat or amaranth is fine too, I used a mix of all 3
- 1/2 cup butter or coconut oil
- 1/2 cup cacao butter
- 1/2 cup Peanut butter you can use another type of nut butter or tahini or sunflower seed butter for a nut-free version.
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 cup toasted coconut
- 1/2 cup cacao nibs optional
- 1/2 cup collagen optional
Melt together butter, cacao butter and honey.
Lightly toast your puffed rice (or whatever puffed things you are using). Add this and all remaining dry ingredients to bowl and mix well.
Pour over melted ingredients and stir well to combine. Press into a baking paper lined tray and pop into the fridge to set for at least 4 hrs (or the freezer if you are super impatient like me). Once set you can slice and dig in.